New York City Mayor's Office
New York, NY · September 2014 - Present
Director, Design and Product, Center for Economic Opportunity
Code for America
San Francisco, CA · January 2013 - November 2013
Paired with the governments of Kansas City, Kansas and Missouri to build new civic software applications and enhance technology policy, government innovation, and community organizing.
- Consulted city governments regarding digital innovation including open data policy and standards, data portals, and technology best practices which led to new legislation being passed, creation of innovation roles, and events within city hall.
- Created a new application for small business digital literacy, BizFriend.ly.
- Spoke publicly on behalf of Code for America and presented BizFriend.ly, including at community events, within city hall, and in press interviews.
- Organized events including community roundtables, hackathon, and app launch.
- Led communication and documentation including presentation design and scripting, blog posts, and mid-year and end of year reports.
- Co-founded a local volunteer group for civic technology.
Center for Urban Pedagogy
New York, NY · August 2012 - June 2013
Public Access Design Fellow
Year long series of conversations and mentorship with a group of designers focused on social and civic design.
New York, NY · January 2008 - December 2012
Interaction and Experience Designer, Design Lead
Promoted from an intern to lead designer on creative teams and overseeing production on key projects within the studio.
- Collaborated with and led creative teams in research, concept development, design, and production of experiential environments for cultural and corporate clients.
- Conducted client pitches and presentations with principal designer.
- Created project deliverable documents, presentations, and production budgets.
Clients included: Barclays, Beacon Capital Partners, Comcast, Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Senate, General Electric, Institute for War and Peace Reporting, News Corporation, Octave Living, Pfizer, Trust for the National Mall, Rodale
New York, NY · September - December 2007
Assisted in research, design, and production of museum-based projects.
Museo di Storia della Scienza
Florence, Italy · October - December 2006
Participated in museum education activities and created a visitor guidebook.
Parsons School of Design
New York, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Integrated Design
Tribeca Film Festival, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® Award for Transmedia, 2013
Communicator Awards, Award of Distinction Winner - Interactive Multimedia, 2011
SXSW Interactive Awards, Kiosk and Installation Finalist, 2011
SXSW Interactive Web Awards, Educational Resource Finalist, 2009